Faunawatch is committed to the wellbeing and the protection of animals through education, activities and projects. The organization was founded in 2012 by Tim & Ivi Huijsmans. Faunawatch aims to:
- Set up projects to conserve and strengthen endangered wildlife populations.
- Research wildlife.
- Educate young people about animal welfare, sustainability and the importance of the ecosystem to make a long-term positive change in their communities and the planet.
- Attract as many young people as possible to our organization. We aim to involve and engage young people in building a better future.
- Take into consideration that humans and animals have to share the same planet. This means we need to both create a safer living environment for the animals and generate an alternative source of income for the people who bear the consequences of it.
- Operate both on a local and international level.
- Exclusively work with volunteers. Take a look at our volunteer job offers!
- Be independent. We don’t accept any questionable donations.